Monday, July 04, 2011

"School" on Tuesday!

Tuesday July 5, Dillon gets picked up at 7:45am for his first day at Easter Seals Classroom A. I need lots of prayer! I really don't want him to go. Everyone keeps saying it is because I "have too much on my plate" or that it is a "break you need" etc. No one is telling me they think DILLON will benefit so I am not confident this is a good choice. He is going every Tuesday and Thursday for the next 5 weeks, with his nurse from home going with him. He won't come home until 3-3:30pm!!!! That is a long day! Especially for someone like Dillon who shuts down after 45 minutes of therapy!!!

Please pray Dillon will be ok and that I will be ok. I haven't been without him like this ever before and I feel like I am "just sending him away" since that is what everyone keeps saying to me. If I thought he were going to benefit and learn and improve there it would be different, but I think everyone wants this for ME not HIM.

I just need God to calm my heart and help me to give this a chance. I also need it to be clear at the end of the 5 weeks if this is something we should continue with next year or if it is better to have him home. I know I WANT him home more than anything, especially since I will be homeschooling the other kids, but I need the data to back me up on it so it isn't just an emotional decision. OR I need the data to show that he is doing great at school and it really is benefiting HIM to continuing going.

My heart is a mess already - I just need to rest in God tonight and tomorrow.....

I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Praying for you Tiff. I know this is hard. The thing I'm trying to keep in mind is that God is with him. Love, Mom K.