Thursday, June 02, 2011

New Life Verse

Several years ago while in church I saw the verse in the Bible Luke 22:42 "Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." From that time on I used that as my "life verse" meaning I often used that to find comfort with the situation we have on a daily basis. I felt a burden lift from my shoulders as I saw that it was ok to ask God to change the way Dillon was. I was relieved that even Jesus asked God for there to be another way. But - I also understood that meant my attitude also had to be but whatever Your will is, I will accept.

Last night I was in church, in the deaf class, where I have been attending the last several months to learn sign language. We had a guest speaker in and as he was reading one verse, my eyes moved across the page and I saw a totally different verse that captured my heart. Philippians 1:12 "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;" I am ready to move from my life verse being one of asking God to change things to now saying THIS my life verse! I KNOW the reason God allowed Dillon to be brain injured is for the gospel to go to people who might not have received it any other way! It is for the countless number of people we have come in contact with only because of Dillon. It is for the countless number of people who will take the story about Dillon that wouldn't take anything else that has Bible verses telling them of their need for salvation! I can honestly say the things that have happened unto our family is for the FURTHERANCE OF THE GOSPEL and if that was good enough for Paul to accept his beatings, stonings, prison and ultimately his death - it is good enough for me to accept Dillon's physical condition!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Praise God for all that He has done in each of our lives. I am so thankful for Dillon and for you and Josiah's attitude toward Dillon's afflictions. "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." Eph. 1:6. Love, Mom K.