Monday, August 10, 2009

DILLON ROLLS OVER!!!!!!!!

This morning when Mom woke me up she told me some exciting news! Dillon had rolled from his back to his belly. He was completely flat when he did it and had CPAP on. He did not get his one arm out from underneath him, but even still! This is great news! Let’s pray he will continue to do these things!


We had our normal therapy today, Dillon cried during the acupuncture again. I feel so bad for him, but I know it is working!

Therapy again

Of course Jay always has to go potty while we are down at therapy and this is the rest room, yes Mom took a picture of it. Since neither her nor I have ever been to another country we had never seen restrooms like this before. So here you go, for anyone else who has never traveled abroad….


restrooms - it is flat on the floor

Since laundry is so expensive we are doing it ourselves. So after Mom bleached the towels to get all Dillon’s formula and secretions out she put them out to dry on the bushes. No, we aren’t crazy we see lots of people putting their laundry out too. So we are just doing what others do….When in Rome, do as the Romans do…. We are in the third building and there is at least one more behind us so these bushes are behind our building. Mom tried to put it in a spot that isn’t too obvious!


Laundry - drying on the bushes

Grandma and Jay walk to the little market close by almost everyday to get bananas, apples and peaches.


Here is Jay at the market ...


We had to keep Dillon’s band aid over the area where they did the spinal for three days. So today we were able to take it off and give him a bath. He loves getting a nice warm bath. He looks so cute in the tub full of bubbles that I had t get a picture to share with you.



Bath time


Over all things are going great. I can’t believe it has been almost two weeks! I miss my dear sweet husby a lot though. I am looking forward to seeing him again in about 19 days. I miss you Honey!
Oh I wanted to correct one thing I had wrote about before. When Dillon got the spinal done and then the IV afterwards I told you it was nerve growth factor and that wasn’t quite right. It is kind of like plasma. I am not sure what all it is or how it works exactly, the translator gave me some stuff to read about it, but I haven’t had time yet tonight. But I did want to let you know that it is not nerve growth factor but more like a syrup of some sort. Anyways - it is what they need to inject even after the spinal

3 comments:

Becca Quilts said...

That was wonderful news about Dillon! Thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

That is so exciting to hear Dillon rolled over! Praise the Lord!

And I had to laugh at the "squatty potty" picture because everyone takes a picture of it - it's such a foreign idea to Americans:).

I can't believe how similiar China and Thailand are. So many things you were saying in another post were so familiar to me because it happens that way here too! I guess it's an Asian thing:).

Aunt Denee said...

Praise the Lord, I can't wait to share this tomorrow night at church.