Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

2009 here already. I know most people feel the same as I do... Where has the time gone?! The verse in Ephesians comes to mind "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." (5:16) But the next verse is great too, but is less known - at least to me. "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."

How many of us truely know what the will of the Lord is for our lives? How many of us consciencly think about what the will of the Lord is on a daily basis in order to live it out? I know I don't.

For me, in the situation God has given to us, I think the will of the Lord is to be a Biblical wife and mother. I need to care of the home Josiah has provided for us and be his help meet. I need to train JayDonn in what is right and wrong. I need to teach him about God and how to serve Him. I need to work with Dillon and help him be all that he can be. But I also need to find ways to reach out to other people be a light to the world. I need to work at handing out more tracts this year, to be more ready to give answers when the opportunity comes to talk with someone. I need to finish some projects God has put on my heart in order to help others going through similar situations.

There are a lot of things I need to work on this year. And I love the new year for just this reason! I get to start over - start with a new plan and work towards new goals. Josiah and I have set some goals for our family for this year. I decided to keep a pocket calendar next to my bed and write down the days we fulfilled our goals. This will help keep us accountable and will, Lord willing, help us reach the goals.



I did want to include a picture for you all. By the time we got home from church (stopping for gas and at Walmart) and opened cards from church people, let JayDonn play with a new toy he was given, gave him a snack, etc it was about 11:30 so we decided to let him stay up for the "ball dropping" Just in the nick of time we got this picture....

It took as the countdown was at 1! Perfect timing. Right after this we brushed his teeth, prayed and put him to bed! ;-)

Dillon started this new year in a good way. We have night nurses for only 2 nights a week right now. Last night not being one of those. We put him to bed after his midnight feed without any oxygen on. He did not set off his oxygen machine AT ALL last night! He slept all night with no help, no oxygen, all by him self. Praise the Lord. I am looking forward to what other progress he will make this year!

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Wendy Glosser said...

I've been praying for your nursing situation often! How exciting that he did so well all through the night!! Praising the Lord for you!!