Thursday, June 05, 2008

No Nurse

Dillon's night nurse has called off all but one day since the Monday before Memorial day. We are going on almost two full weeks without her. Also, our weekend nurse was only working until the end of May so we are without her as well. We do have a nurse for every other weekend (this is not her weekend though).

Please pray Dillon's nurse will be able to return to work on Monday as she is planning. I am not sure what has been wrong with her, but I am starting to get to the point of sheer exhaustion! Praise the Lord for our day nurse - Barb! I wouldn't be able to function at all if it weren't for her! I have been getting up every 2-3 hours all night long. He eats at 9pm, 12am, 3am, 6 am, 9am, etc. I am changing his food schedule so he will not have to have the 3am feeding so I can try to sleep from 12am-6am and only get up when his oxygen drops. 

Anyone who has been a new parent knows what it is like to go weeks on end getting only 2-3 hours of sleep at a time, it is very hard. Please pray for strength and for the nursing situation to be resolved quickly!!! Thank you so much!
~A very tired Momma~

No comments: