Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Possible Nurse...

There is a nurse who interviewed today with one of our agencies. Please pray she will want the job and that we will like her/she will like us. Our nurse who is currently doing 3 nights is quitting with that agency so we will be losing ALL of our nights next week.

Also, we asked the doctor today if he will help us try to get approved for nursing hours during the day. This way, I could do cleaning while they do Dillon's program and care for him. Do you know how hard that was? God is really teaching me to be humble, to not be so stubborn, to ask for help, to realize that I am not (as Si would say...) "Super-Woman". He is teaching me to let Him bring the solution, His way, and in His time. I asked Si last night why he thought God wasn't providing the nurses. Josiah said "He wants us to depend on Him and not on the nurses." I believe this is all true. There are so many lessons to be learned with every new situation that comes up with Dillon. I have always heard it said, but it means so much more to me now... "It is so amazing how God uses our CHILDREN to teach US!"

I just saw this on Anne's blog and thought it fit with my post so here it is:
"Trust Me, My Child," God says,
"Trust Me with a fuller abandon than you ever have before.
Trust Me, as minute succeeds minute,
Every day of your life, for as long as you live.
And if you become conscious of anything hindering our relationship,
Do not hurt Me by turning away from Me.
Draw all the closer to Me, come, run to Me.
Allow Me to hide you, to protect you, even from yourself.
Tell Me your deepest cares, your every trouble.
Trust Me to keep My Hand upon you.
I will never leave you.
I will shape you, mold you, and perfect you.
Do not fear, O child of My love, do not fear.
I love you."



~Amy Carmichael~



Let's have some fun: Post a comment with what important thing you have learned from your (or someone else's if you don't have any) children!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Speaking from experience (not my own, mind you!) I've learned to look at even the smallest thing with pleasure. It always amazes me how a child can be intently involved with something for minutes on end!

Anonymous said...

I've learned to enjoy the child while you are with them. Yesterday Destiny (age 8) was here due to school being out for an ice day and we had a great time sewing a dog and making valentines. Kiss those far off grandsons for me. Love, Mom K.

Anonymous said...

My son has taught me to be forgiving. Every time I make a mistake, speak with a not-so-kind voice, get irritated or impatient, he is so ready to forgive me, forget about it, and move on. My daughter has taught me that God blesses us in His time, and when He works, it is sweet and perfect and wonderful in every way. And my dear sweetie in heaven has taught me that God really doesn't make any mistakes, that Jesus is the one who is to fill our cup to overflowing, and that He will heal our broken hearts and bind our wounds just as He promises. Praise the Lord for my children - I love them all so much!
You are doing a great mommy job Tiffany!
Nanette