Friday, April 27, 2007

Praying the Scripture

Praise the Lord for the appointments on Wed.!! Prayer really works - God hears us! What a blessing to have a God that hears and answers!
I want to thank you all again for praying for Dillon and once again ask you to continue to pray for him - and me. It is starting to drain me...watching my little boy be in some sort of severe pain and not knowing what to do to help him (it had been a week and a half). Today thru Sunday I am going to try giving him Fennel Tea. A lady in my church suggested this before when I thought he had gas and within a day or two he stopped throwing himself around. What he is doing now is different from that, but the symptoms seem to be the same so I am going to give this a try again. PLEASE pray this works! I don't know what is wrong and what to do to help if this doesn't work. The increase of seizure medicine hasn't helped so I do not think these are seizures.
This morning I read in Hebrews and Psalms. Hebrews 4:15-16 -
"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
I read in a book on learning how to pray that we should learn to pray the Scriptures, learn to pray the promises. This IS a promise - we will find mercy and grace to help us if we go before God's throne.
I also read Psalm 27. There were several verses that stuck out to me that I could really pray these verses to God.
Verses 7-9
"Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, They face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation."
Verses 13-14
"I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."
God know exactly what is causing these problems in Dillon - I just need His wisdom in figuring it out so I can help Dillon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany,
Did you try the fennel tea again?
Praying the Scriptures is a blessing because we then know we are praying according to God's will. Colossians 1:9-14 "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding: That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God: Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness: Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemtpion through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:" Wow, there is a lot in this. Praying for you and the boys.
Love, Mom K.